BH-BL Central Schools Mission Statement
The Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central School
District creates an educational environment that
ensures opportunities for learning, personal growth
and social responsibility.
The above Mission Statement and
the following list of Core Beliefs & Key
Expectations for various groups within the school
district were developed by more than 60 stakeholders
in 1996 and were formally adopted by the Board of
Education in 1997. Collectively, these statements
are also called the District's "Framework
The BH-BL community values its children and
the quality of their education.
Comprehensive public education is available
to all. The District provides a variety of
experiences to allow all children to learn.
High academic achievement is a priority.
Students and staff need to be challenged to
Continuous improvement is essential.
Change is the result of thoughtful study
involving students, staff, and community.
Learning is a lifelong process.
Students, staff, parents, and community
members are partners, and all have a
personal responsibility in the educational
Quality education is worth the investment
and requires sound fiscal management.
All students will:
• Respect and be respected.
• Be prepared to learn to the best of their
• Use opportunities available to set personal goals
and make informed choices to accomplish those goals.
For the Community:
The community will:
• Value education.
• Be committed, supportive, and responsive to the
• Share their expertise and resources.
• Provide bridges between school & life.
• Set high standards.
• Communicate and listen.
All District employees will:
• Create an environment in which children are safe,
treated fairly, and prepared for the future with
• Strive for excellence by working hard, continuing
to learn and grow, and being adaptable, qualified,
and well prepared.
• Respect, and be respected by, students, parents, &
• Work cooperatively and communicate openly with all
partners in the educational process.
• Demonstrate their accountability by:
– Using school & community resources responsibly.
– Setting, achieving, and assessing measurable
– Participating in on-going, proactive supervision.
All parents will:
• Provide nurturance of children’s health and basic
• Provide a home environment conducive to learning.
• Support the belief that academics are essential.
• Be informed and actively involved in the
• Teach and model respect for all persons and
• Teach and model discipline and their own values.
• Provide open, honest, and timely communication
with school staff and other partners in the