8th Grade Class Night Information
It may seem a little early to be thinking about Class Night, but planning has already begun to make this a meaningful and special event for our outgoing 8th graders. Class Night will begin at 6 PM in the High School gymnasium and will include the presentation of all 8th Grade awards and the recognition of all 8th grade students for the successful completion of their middle school years.
The ceremony is followed by a dance at the Middle School which will end at 9:30 PM.
The O’Rourke Building Council has established the following guidelines for the Class Night program:
In the spirit of this being a fun, but special event, we ask that the attire for the evening be dressy, but not formal.
- Boys are reminded to wear dress pants, a dress shirt, tie and shoes, and no sneakers, if possible. Sport coats are optional.
- Girls are asked to wear comfortable, but dressy clothing. Clothing that is appropriate for this occasion can include, but is not limited to: dresses with spaghetti straps, high cut halter dresses/tops, and other fashions fitting to the formality of the event. Girls should not wear low cut dresses (front and/or back), bare midriff outfits, strapless attire, mini skirts, clothing that is too tight or revealing, or anything that is see through.
- Comfortable footwear is a must because students will not be allowed to remove their shoes during the dance.
- All school rules apply during Class Night. Therefore, all electronic devices, including cell phones and cameras, are banned from the event.
The Class Night program is a wonderful culmination of your child’s experience as a middle school student. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact us at your earliest possible convenience.
How will I know if my child will receive an award?
Letters will be sent to parents about 3 weeks before Class Night to inform you that your child will be receiving an award and/or an Honor Roll medal.
Does the Class Night dance cost anything?
No! There is no cost to attend the dance or for refreshments. Thanks to our special PTA for their total sponsorship of the dance.
How many seats does a family have?
There is no limit per family, but you are reminded that all seating is in bleachers. The first two rows are reserved for handicapped seating.
After the ceremony there will be BH-BL buses to transport your child safely to the Middle School for the dance. There will be two departure times: 6:45 and 7PM. The event will end at 9:30 PM and parents are required to come into the Middle School to pick up children.
For more updates on 8th grade Class Night, please be sure to check the Middle School website. Volunteers and donations are still needed. Visit the PTA website.
Itinerary for Friday, June 21, 2019
- 5:30 PM Students arrive at High School
- 6 PM Ceremony begins in High School Gym
- Dance immediately following the ceremony at the Middle School ending at 9:30 PM.
Can we take pictures?
Yes! Parents are welcome to take pictures at the Class Night Ceremony at the High School!
Can we take pictures at the dance?
Students should not bring electronic devices such as phones and cameras to the dance in keeping with the School Code of Conduct.
The dance committee will provide opportunities for formal or candid pictures during the dance for those interested, and those pictures will be made available to families soon after the event.