8th Grade Recognition Information
- June 16: Recognition & Awards Ceremony – 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- June 23: Parade at the HS – 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
The Decoration Committee is asking for donations/loans. Some items we are in need of are:
- 15 pop up tents
If you have items to donate or lend, please contact Suzi Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Montage Photo/Video Request
Photos Needed By: May 28, 2021
We are collecting photos and short video clips to create the Photo Montage that will be played at the 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony in June. Our goal is to have all 8th grade students appear at least once in the video. We are looking for photos that show how much fun they’ve had in their years at O’Rourke! This might include pictures where they are busy with friends, playing sports, involved with clubs, scouts, field trips, concerts, birthday parties, dances, etc. Pictures should be from their middle school years only to show the students’ growth through O’Rourke.
Feel free to submit more than one photo or video, especially group photos of students. Please follow the directions below for submitting photos and videos:
- When submitting digital photos and/or short video clips, please rename each file to include the names of the students that appear in the picture or video. (i.e. John Doe, Suzi Black and Jimmy Ford). Please rename files BEFORE uploading. Video clips should be 10 seconds or less. We have a class list and will be checking off each student as we receive submissions. We want to be sure that we have everyone included and naming the photos will help us out greatly.
- Use the following link to upload photos and videos: https://tinyurl.com/OMS2025
- If you have physical photo prints you’d like included, please email email@example.com and we will make arrangements to get these included.
Send your photos by May 28 to give us time to find photos for any missing students.
Any questions can be directed to Charlie Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedications to students printed in the Recognition Ceremony Program
How would you, parents, grandparents, siblings and friends, like to add a personal dedication for your 8th grader that will be placed in the Recognition Ceremony program that every 8th grade family receives? It’s easy and inexpensive! Go to this link https://forms.gle/jUSkoBpfyVMgjkKm9 and fill out the information. The cost is $5.00 per message.
- Dedications must be no longer than 100 characters – punctuation and spaces count as characters. The form above automatically limits messages to 100 characters. So if it fits on the form, you are all set.
- Dedications will be labeled with the student’s name, so the name does not need to be part of your 100 characters.
- $5.00 per message:
- Send in cash or check payable to OMS PTA to the main office. Place payment and form below in an envelope marked “OMS PTA 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony” and your student’s name. We must be able to match the online dedication with the payment. — OR —
- PayPal to email@example.com or by using the OMS PTA PayPal link: https://paypal.me/OMSPTA?locale.x=en_US. We must be able to match the online dedication with the Paypal payment.
- Send payment no later than Friday, June 4th.
- JANE SMITH: We are so proud of you and can’t wait to see what you accomplish next! Love Mom, Dad, Kate & Evan (97 characters)
- JOHN JONES: Congratulations! We are so proud of you! Love, Poppy and Grammy (58 characters)
- MARY SIMMONS: High school already! You are a wonderful niece with a bright future ahead of you. Love Aunt Sarah (96 characters)
Any questions can be directed to Corey Hart: firstname.lastname@example.org
These 8th grade events are coordinated and sponsored by the O’Rourke MS PTA. If you were not able to volunteer this year but would like to offer a monetary donation to help offset the costs of souvenirs, decorations, etc. Please send any donation checks made out to OMS PTA to the Middle School main office.