Dear Second Grade Families,
Welcome to second grade! It’s going to be a great year! The list below has the necessary supplies your child will need for the 2019-20 school year. As the year progresses, you may have to provide additional pencils, glue sticks, etc. Your child will write a note in his/her agenda as the need arises. You may realize that your child already has some of these supplies from 1st grade.
School Supply List
- zippered mesh pencil pouch
- Separate pencil box (to store crayons, markers, scissors, and glue stick)
- Several pencils (sharpened) with erasers
- 1 Package of cap erasers
- 1 box of no more than 24 crayons or colored pencils
- 1 set of 8 markers (skinny or fat – your choice)
- 1 pair of scissors (labeled with your name or initials)
- 1 smock for art (labeled with your name and placed in a Ziploc bag)
- 1 box of sandwich sized Ziploc bags (if your last name starts with A-D), a box of
- gallon sized Ziploc bags (if your last name starts with E-M), or a container of
- unscented baby wipes (if your last name starts with O-Z)
- Pocket folders in these colors: red, blue, green, yellow and a fun design of your choice– 5 in all (I strongly suggest plastic/poly folders as they hold up better)
- 1 composition notebook (wide-ruled/any color)
- 2 large glue sticks
- 1 box of tissues to share
- 1 black dry erase marker (Expo work well) and old sock to use for an eraser
- 1 clipboard (labeled with your child’s name)
- 1 headphones/ear buds for computer (in a Ziploc bag)
Please keep in mind that the more “stuff” in your child’s desk, the more cluttered it may become. Please limit the “extras” that come to school.
Please bring school supplies in at the Open House in September or on the first day of school. If you pre-ordered school supplies they will be delivered to Charlton Heights. Thanks for your help! Have a great summer!
I look forward to a great year!!