Dear First Grade Student,
I am so excited to hear that you will be in my 1st grade class! I am looking forward to a fun year as we all get to know each other, meet new friends, and learn many new things together.
If you have purchased the prepackaged school supply kit from Mail ‘N’ More, please look at the additional items you will need. If you did not participate in the order, please buy all the items listed.
Mrs. Ollari’s First Grade School Supply List
On the first day of school, you will need the following items: (these are part of the kit)
- 24 sharpened pencils (Ticonderoga Brand)
- 2 jumbo erasers
- a labeled pair of child scissors
- 6 JUMBO glue sticks (we use these daily!)
- 2 boxes of Crayola markers (thick)
- 2 24-count boxes of crayons
- 2 three ring binders (one inch) with clear
- plastic covers **(1 blue and 1 white)**
- 2 containers of Play-Doh (any colors)
Items needed in addition to the kit
- a small box or container to keep school supplies in
- a 2 pocket folder (design of your choice)
- a sturdy pair of headphones for computer time
- a smock or old t-shirt for art (in a labeled Ziploc bag)
- an extra outfit to keep in backpack (in a labeled Ziploc bag)
- baby wipes (for cleaning desks)
- a box or 2 of tissues
- a lockable water bottle to keep at your child’s desk (no twist tops please)
- Ziploc bags (Girls: Gallon sized) (Boys: Sandwich sized)
If you do not have some of these supplies at home already, it may be helpful to have a glue stick, several pencils, a pair of scissors, and crayons at home in order to more easily complete projects and homework assignments. Thank you!
I am looking forward to starting a new school year with you! If you would like, feel free to bring your supplies to the Open House in September.
In the meantime, enjoy your summer, read lots of books, and have tons of fun!
See you soon!
Hugs, Mrs. Ollari