Employment at BH-BL
Are you looking for a regular or substitute position with the
Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central Schools?
Here’s where to learn about what’s available and how to apply. Information is divided into two sections: certified staff and support staff.
When there is a support staff job opening, it will be listed on this page. Please note that we also accept applications for support staff substitutes year round. Being a substitute is a good way to try out a job and to gain experience. You can download a copy of the BH-BL support staff application, complete it, and email it back to Mary Ann De Luca or mail it to the address on the top of the application.
SUPPORT STAFF VACANCIES
Ongoing openings for school bus drivers and school bus monitors
- These jobs are ideal for parents of school-aged children or retired people who are looking for extra income. Did you know that drivers and monitors also get school breaks, holidays, and summers off? No prior experience is necessary.
- Both positions offer a competitive starting salary of $20.17/hr for drivers and $15.57/hr for monitors for candidates without experience. Salary is commensurate with experience for experienced candidates. Permanent positions offer the possibility of a regular route and a minimum of five hours daily.
- Driver candidates will need to obtain a permit for a CDL license to begin the district’s paid training program or already possess a Class B license with Air Brake, School Bus and Passenger Endorsements.
- Please contact the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Transportation Department at 518-399-9141, Ext. 7 to schedule an appointment with a representative.
BH-BL High School Secretary
- 7.5 hrs/day
- 12 month positions
- High School Main Office
- Start Date: May 3, 2021
- Candidates must meet the minimum Civil Service qualifications for the title of School Secretary and will be appointed provisionally.
- Anyone interested in being considered for the above position, please notify the Human Resource Office, in writing, no later than April 23, 2021.
- Responsibilities include: Open the office; interact with Frontline sub service and fill any remaining vacancies; and organize all subs reporting by connecting them to assignments for the day | Main Office general duties: (could include but are not limited to) Assist students, teachers/staff, and parents; Room scheduling; Coordinate pick up and drop offs; Announcements; Maintain parking tags for students and staff; Maintain Lost Book list for teachers; Set up Drivers Ed program three times a year; Coordinate Honors Night program ; Coordinate staffing for teachers – knowledge of Frontline System; Maintain teacher payroll weekly; Manage Student Attendance; Maintain the bell system; Set up for new school year and update Master Schedule; Onboard new staff to the office (add to Staff Directory, Phone List, Birthday Calendar, issue a parking tag, create new online sub folder for new teachers); Maintain keys for faculty and staff, substitutes, and staff/student use of the elevator; Summer School support; Maintain Regents Records; Serve as Scribe on BLERT Committee; and Fire Drill Timer
Most openings for teachers, administrators, therapists and guidance counselors occur during the spring and summer, but interested applicants are urged to keep an updated application on file year-round through the online application service.
We no longer accept paper applications for these positions. All applications for certified positions must be made online. To view or apply for open positions in these areas, please visit the Olas Job website. If you do not have access to a computer, or need assistance in the application or interview process, please notify the Human Resource Department at 518-399-9141, ext. 85015.
Substitute teachers are also needed year-round in all fields, but particularly in music, foreign language, and physical education. If you hold a teaching certificate and are interested in substitute teaching at BH-BL, please submit an interest form. [SUBSTITUTE INTEREST FORM] Please do not send any supporting materials (certification, references, credential file, etc.) to the district unless you are contacted about a specific position and requested to do so.
Certified Staff Vacancies
- Physical Education teacher (1)
- Elementary school teachers (4)
- Middle School Guidance Counselor (1)
- Business teacher (1)
- Grade 6 (Long-term Sub) teacher (1)
- Grade 6 teacher (1)
- District Treasurer (1)
Applications are accepted and candidates will be contacted when there is a need for substitutes in a particular area. If you are interested in substitute positions at BH-BL, please submit an interest form. [SUBSTITUTE INTEREST FORM]
- Bus Drivers: Drivers are needed year-round. An extensive paid training program is available to enable qualified drivers to become substitute bus drivers at $20.17 per hour. A high school diploma and regular driving license are required. Substitute Bus Monitors are also needed. For more information, call Director of Transportation Joseph Czub at 518-399-9141, ext. 83523.
- Cleaners: Substitutes are needed for cleaner positions with shifts beginning in the afternoon into the evening for $13/hr. Positions are available in all buildings, however the High School and Middle School have the greatest needs.
- Food Service Helpers: We have substitute positions available for lunch shifts at all five schools for $13 per hour.
- Nurses: Substitute registered nurses are needed in all schools. New York license required. They must complete a Support Staff Job Application and contact the BH-BL Human Resources Department to set up an appointment. Registered nurses get paid at Step 1 of the Registered Nurse CSEA Contract pay scale, $26.31/hour.
- Other support staff: If you have a high school diploma, we have substitute positions available at the elementary schools, Middle School and High School. Positions include teacher assistant, playground monitor, bus monitor, custodial, computer room assistant and secretary. $12.50 per hour.
For more information, contact the Human Resources office at 518-399-9141, ext. 85015.