Employment at BH-BL
Are you looking for a regular or substitute position with the
Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central Schools?
Here’s where to learn about what’s available and how to apply. Information is divided into two sections: certified staff and support staff.
Certified Staff Vacancies
Support Staff Vacancies
When there is a support staff job opening, it will be listed on this page. Please note that we also accept applications for support staff substitutes year round. Being a substitute is a good way to try out a job and to gain experience. You can download a copy of the BH-BL support staff application, complete it, and email it back to Mary Ann De Luca or mail it to the address on the top of the application.
Most openings for teachers, administrators, therapists and guidance counselors occur during the spring and summer, but interested applicants are urged to keep an updated application on file year-round through the online application service.
We no longer accept paper applications for these positions. All applications for certified positions must be made online. To view or apply for open positions in these areas, please visit the Olas Job website. If you do not have access to a computer, or need assistance in the application or interview process, please notify the Human Resource Department at 518-399-9141, ext. 85015.
Substitute teachers are also needed year-round in all fields, but particularly in music, foreign language, and physical education. If you hold a teaching certificate and are interested in substitute teaching at BH-BL, please submit an interest form. [SUBSTITUTE INTEREST FORM] Please do not send any supporting materials (certification, references, credential file, etc.) to the district unless you are contacted about a specific position and requested to do so.
Applications are accepted and candidates will be contacted when there is a need for substitutes in a particular area. If you are interested in substitute positions at BH-BL, please submit an interest form. [SUBSTITUTE INTEREST FORM]
- Bus Drivers: Drivers are needed year-round. An extensive paid training program is available to enable qualified drivers to become substitute bus drivers at $20.17 per hour. A high school diploma and regular driving license are required. Substitute Bus Monitors are also needed. For more information, call Director of Transportation Joseph Czub at 518-399-9141, ext. 83523.
- Cleaners: Substitutes are needed for cleaner positions with shifts beginning in the afternoon into the evening for $13/hr. Positions are available in all buildings, however the High School and Middle School have the greatest needs.
- Food Service Helpers: We have substitute positions available for lunch shifts at all five schools for $13 per hour.
- Nurses: Substitute registered nurses are needed in all schools. New York license required. They must complete a Support Staff Job Application and contact the BH-BL Human Resources Department to set up an appointment. Registered nurses get paid at Step 1 of the Registered Nurse CSEA Contract pay scale, $26.31/hour.
- Other support staff: If you have a high school diploma, we have substitute positions available at the elementary schools, Middle School and High School. Positions include teacher assistant, playground monitor, bus monitor, custodial, computer room assistant and secretary. $12.50 per hour.
For more information, contact the Human Resources office at 518-399-9141, ext. 85015.