This year the fourth and fifth grade Drama Club show will be Frozen Junior! The club will run from December through April. See the rehearsal schedule below. There will be a performance in school on Monday, April 6 at 1:30 p.m. for the students and family members. The final FREE performances are on Tuesday, April 7 at 7:00 p.m., and Wednesday, April 8 at 6:00 p.m. in the gymnasium.
Parents will need to provide transportation home following after-school rehearsals. By registering, parents are giving permission for their child to stay after school on the rehearsal dates. If your child can not attend a rehearsal, please send in a note to school with your child on that day.
Registration & Payment
Registration for Drama Club needs to be completed by October 31, 2019. Please use our CHES Membership Toolkit site to register and pay. The cost to participate in Drama Club this year is $40 and includes a cast t-shirt.
All after school programs will be canceled if there is a snow day or if after school activities are canceled. Children will be instructed to go home on their regular bus or via regular means.
Drama Club will be taking an optional field trip to see Disney’s Frozen on Broadway in New York City on Wednesday, December 4, 2019. There will be an additional fee of $75 per student and $80 per parent if you and/or your child would like to attend. We are reserving 100 tickets for students, and 40 tickets for adults. Parent chaperones will be chosen by lottery. If you are selected, we will contact you for payment. If more tickets become available, we will let you know. Please contact the PTA if your family has circumstances that would prohibit your child from attending, and they are interested.
Drama Club Staff
- Director: Tim Sinnenberg
- Co-Directors: Katie Corey and Candy Goudey
- Musical Director: Susan Weisman
- Producers: Amy Hotaling and Chris Katz
- Technical Director: Charlie Smith
- Scenic Director & Set Design: Cindy Turgeon
- Choreography Kasie Batty, Lauren Kritz, Jill Ollari, Cara Olsen, Eric Hatch, Tim Sinnenberg, and Therese Peck Brigham
- Stage Construction: Dave Robbins
- Technical Crew: Meghan Hinman, Elsa Hjelmar, Kathy Kindl, Laura Barry, Mary Grasso
- Programs: Erica DeBie
- Props: Lisa Smith and Erin Jankowski
- Lights: Will Ogden
- Sound: Nick McPherson
- Rehearsal Accompanist: Gina Kirsty
- Box Office: Darci Emerich
- Concessions: Regan DeMartino & Darci Emerich
- This year, there will be an optional audition workshop after school on November 1 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. to help the children prepare for an audition.
- Auditions will be held after school from 3 to 5 p.m. on November 7 for fifth graders and on November 12 for fourth graders to determine parts in the play.
- Selected students will be asked to come to a call back session on November 21. Students will not need to attend every rehearsal, only the dates when we are practicing scenes/dances they are in. Weekly e-mail communication will inform families which rehearsals your child needs to attend. Typically, the bigger the part, the more rehearsals the child attends.
Volunteers are needed on the following dates to help at Drama Club Rehearsals (we will be reaching out to Drama Club parents as we get closer to rehearsals):
- December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17
- January 6, 7, 13, 14, 21, 27, 28
- February 3, 4, 10, 11, 24, 25
- March 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
- April 2, 3