The 8th Grade Celebration Events (Friday Festival and Recognition Ceremony) are fast approaching and preparations are well underway to make these events memorable for our 8th grade students! More specific details will be shared closer to the event date.
8th Grade Friday Festival
- Who: 8th grade students only
- When: Friday, June 17th – 8:00 am to 11:00 am
- Where: Various locations at the MS
- What: A chance for the Class of 2026 to celebrate the completion of their MS years with their friends!
8th Grade Recognition Ceremony
- Who: All 8th grade O’Rourke students and their families
- When: Friday, June 17th – 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm (student arrival at 6:15 pm for lineup)
- Where: BHBL HS – Centennial Field
- What: All 8th grade students will be honored and recognized for their successful completion of MS. Various academic and character awards will be given and honor medals for GPA achievement will also be awarded.
A few action items for parents to note for these events:
- Photos for the 8th Grade Montage are due Sunday, May 22
- Dedications for the Recognition Ceremony Program are due Monday, June 6
These events are coordinated and sponsored by the O’Rourke MS PTA. We want to put on the best celebration possible for these 8th graders and are looking for donations. Please consider donating any amount via the “2022 8th Grade Donation” button on oms.memberhub.com/store website.
*All family members are invited to attend the Recognition & Awards ceremony. A printed copy of this flier attached to 8th grade student reports contains a typographical error indicating the Recognition & Awards ceremony is for students only.