Per NYS law, student attendance is recorded in student records. Attendance records include each pupil’s presence, absence, tardiness and early departures.
New Absentee Reporting Procedure this year!
- Absentee Student Form. To help make reporting absences or tardiness a little easier for parents, we are shifting to a Google Form. Therefore, instead of calling or emailing the main office, please complete the Stevens Absentee Student Google Form. The link to the form is also on our website.
- Parents/Guardians must notify the school office prior to 9 a.m. each day a student will be tardy or absent.
- Both In-person & Fully Virtual School students MUST report absences to the school daily.
- To help keep students’ absences organized, it is imperative that you complete each entry on the Google Form, which includes your child’s name, grade, teacher and the reason for the absence. If your child is absent due to illness, please briefly share your child’s specific symptoms.
- New York State law requires a written excuse signed by the parent or legal guardian stating why a student was absent. The excuse must be turned into the classroom teacher on the day a student returns. It should include the student’s name, teacher, date(s) of absence and reason for the absence.
Daily Qualtric Survey from BH-BL District
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, parents are required to complete a Qualtrics Survey every school day prior to entering the school. Parents will receive an email every weekday morning from the BH-BL District with a link to the survey. (One email for each student.) Please complete the survey. Please note: The Qualtrics Survey MUST be completed EVERY day for EACH student IN ADDITION TO completing the Absentee Student Google Form for absences.
It is each student’s basic responsibility as a member of the school community to be on time and attend all classes. In the event your child is absent on consecutive days, you must notify the office each day your student is absent (unless you provide a return to school date). Daily telephone calls will be made to parents or guardians to confirm unreported absences.
Any questions related to attendance should be directed to Cathy Hayden, Main Office Attendance, 518-399-9141, ext. 83510.