If you wish to give your child permission to drive, please read the regulations below and complete the following form. A fee of $10 per year is required. A student parking tag will be issued when approval is granted. No student vehicles will be permitted on campus without a parking tag. Students requesting parking tags are required to submit a copy of their valid driver’s license and registration for the vehicle being driven to school. Parking tags will not be issued to students without a valid driver’s license. Students are advised not to provide transportation for other students. Please note: If your child is driving your vehicle, you are liable for any damage or injuries caused by their actions. Your cooperation is appreciated.
A. REGULATIONS: Student Motor Vehicles
- All student motor vehicles must be registered by purchasing a parking tag at the High School Main Office. The tag should be hung from the rear view mirror at all times while the vehicle is on school property. In order to obtain a parking tag, students must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration.
- Student motor vehicles are to be parked only in the rear parking area according to established parking patterns without obstruction to other traffic, building exits, or fire lanes. Owners of vehicles that are improperly parked may lose parking privileges and may be subject to additional disciplinary consequences.
- School buses are to be given the right of way on grounds at all times.
- No student driving or parking is permitted in front of the school. Students must enter and exit the High School grounds using the Lakehill Rd. entrance.
- Students may not leave the school grounds by car before the end of the day without permission from a building administrator.
- Students may not loiter in or around vehicles at any time. Permission from a building administrator is required for any student wishing to go to the car at any time during the school day.
B. Student vehicles that are permitted to park on district property, pursuant to this regulation, may be searched by school officials, in the event reasonable suspicion exists with respect to student conduct violating the District Handbook.
C. Any violation of the above regulations, as determined by school district officials, may result in student suspension, the loss of the privilege to park on school grounds, the car being towed at the owner’s expense and/or disciplinary actions as determined by school officials.
D. ANY STUDENT DRIVING IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS THE SAFETY OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, AS DETERMINED BY SCHOOL DISTRICT OFFICIALS, WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF DRIVING AND PARKING PRIVILEGES.