Looking for a job this summer?
Consider applying for a position with the Town of Ballston’s Summer Recreation program held at BH-BL High School. Applications are due by April 12, 2021. There will be approximately 12-15 counselor positions available.
Summer Rec runs from Monday, June 28 (orientation/set up) through Friday, July 23, 2021.
- Eagerness to support children’s cooperation, teamwork, and community spirit.
- Excellent skill in attending to children’s physical and emotional well being.
- Interest in nature, art, music, sports, games, swimming and fun!
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Helping campers get situated at the beginning of the camp day.
- Taking attendance.
- Getting to know his or her group members as individuals and cultivating a positive culture.
- Helping with daily camp set up, clean up, and housekeeping.
- Organizing and implementing games and activities throughout the work day.
- Sitting with kids AND interacting with them during snack and lunch time.
- Looking for “holes” and filling them…learning to anticipate certains things such as watching the campers and thinking about their safety, well being, and comfort.
- Smiling! Even you’re hot!
- Encouraging kids to be positive and giving positive feedback and encouragement, such as pointing out and thanking them when they do something nice for, or with, another person. Offering praise is an incredible motivator.
- Answering questions and “showing the way” to bathrooms, drinking fountains, water cooler, camp store, fields, and pool.
Please feel free to reach to program director, Andrew Haluska at BHBLsummerrec@gmail.com with any questions.