BH-BL to Offer Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program This Fall
After two months of networking with area daycare providers and nursery schools, BH-BL will be partnering with the Glenville YMCA to provide a UPK program for BH-BL families. The nursery school is held at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, located at 547 Saratoga Rd, Glenville, NY 12302.
Due to the quick turnaround of getting this program up and running, the Glenville Family YMCA was the only outside agency that could offer this program on such short notice. (UPK Coordinators will continue throughout this school year seeking additional agencies to partner with in the future.)
“Although we are very excited to be working with the YMCA, they are only able to take 19 students,” explains UPK Co-Coordinator Kate Gurley. “Even though the NYSED Grant for the district would accommodate 70 students, for now, we have 19 slots available.”
Due to the limited slots, the district will hold a lottery drawing on Monday, August 16 at 10 a.m. in the Board Room at BH-BL High School, 88 Lakehill Road. At the lottery, 19 names will be randomly drawn for the 19 openings for the BH-BL UPK program at the YMCA. The lottery will be open to anyone who would like to attend.
It’s important to note that in order to be eligible to enter your child’s name in the lottery, you must have ALL of the following paperwork completed and submitted by Thursday, August 12. (Exceptions cannot be made.)
The four REQUIRED forms, listed below, can be downloaded and completed:
- BH-BL UPK Application (including birth certificate and current physical)
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Census Form
- Student Residence Questionnaire
Please also view (below) the Proof of Residency Requirements, which is a checklist to make sure you have all of the required parts to the questionnaire.
All paperwork/applications can be sent to:
Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central School District
℅ Kate Gurley/Lyndsay Wilson
PO Box 1389
Ballston Lake, NY 12019
Delivered to the District Office located at 88 Lakehill Road, Burnt Hills, NY 12027
Proof of Residency: A minimum of three documents verifying residency will be required. The following are examples of acceptable documents:
- If a renter, a copy of original lease which includes the landlord’s name, address, and telephone number.
- A copy of the original completed contract to build or buy a home which includes seller realtor and closing date.
- Utility bill (power, cable, telephone) with current name and address.
- License and/or registration with current name and address.
- Automobile insurance policy with current name and address.
- Bank account statement with current name and address.
- Voter registration card with current name and address.
- Extract of NYS Tax Return showing current name and address.
- Property and/or School Tax bill
- Copy of change of address form completed at the post office.
- Notarized Affidavit Regarding Residency from family moving in with.
- Any other requested documents.
Proof of Guardianship (Parent/Registrar)
- Certified court papers verifying physical custody.
- Transfer of guardianship (a legal document transferring guardianship to a specific person or persons). The affidavit should include the following:
- Stated claim of guardianship
- Specific transfer of guardianship to designated individual(s)
- Address, phone number of transfer guardian
- Guardianship period of time
- Authorization for medical treatment, educational decisions and notifications
- Homeless: STAC form
- D.S.S. Benefit Certificate
- Any other district required documents