A message from BH-BL Covid-19 Coordinator Nurse Jodi Reynolds
If your child is experiencing any of the Covid- 19 symptoms listed below, the CDC recommends testing. (Testing kits are available in all of the buildings*)
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
If your student tests positive for Covid-19:
- If your child tests positive please contact your school nurse, we are required to keep track of all communicable diseases.
- They are required to isolate for 5 days (day 0 being the day symptoms began or testing occurred if asymptomatic).
- Students can return on day 6 as long as symptoms have improved, they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications and are able to properly wear a mask.
- Masks should be worn through day 10 unless you have 2 negative tests on day 6 and day 8 and you report these results to your school nurse.
If your child has symptoms but tests negative they can return to school when symptoms have improved and they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
If your child is exposed to someone with Covid-19 and does not have any symptoms they are allowed to come to school with no restrictions.
*Please note: Much of the district’s supply of COVID test kits have expiration dates that have been extended by the manufacturer (s) by 6 months.