Residents to go to the polls October 23
At it’s August 21 meeting, the BH-BL Board of Education approved the proposed Renovations Project plans that will go before voters on Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018.
The upcoming referendum would continue the improvements begun with the voter-approved October 2013 Building Our 2nd Century referendum (STEAM addition, Centennial field, safety & security upgrades, 21st-century classroom improvements, etc.) by remaining focused on renovating and improving the district’s aging facilities.
The October 2018 Renovations Referendum will include plans to:
- continue upgrading classrooms districtwide to support 21st-century learning and instructional technology;
- renovate and expand the aging high school auditorium;
- build a transportation garage with service bays properly designed for maintaining a fleet of our size;
- support critical infrastructure needs; and
- address safety and security improvements at O’Rourke Middle School.
Detailed information about the proposed Renovations Referendum, including scope and cost of the proposals, will be mailed to residents in early October. Information will also be available on our website. Additionally, school administrators will host a public forum at the high school in early October. They will also make presentations at upcoming PTA meetings & Back-to-School Nights, as well as at other community meetings. Announcements about public meetings will be forthcoming.