Welcome to the Friends of Music Organization
FOM is a volunteer organization open to all parents, students, teachers, and community members who are interested in supporting music as a vital part of education and social development at BH-BL. The Friends of Music organization was introduced in 1993 in response to a need to support the first music festival.
Who We Are
You see us at all of the concerts and special events throughout the year. We provide financial support in the way of purchases of equipment that transcend our school budget, as well as contributions for music groups to travel; we prsent awards to music students in grades 5 and 8, and scholarships to graduating music students; provide mini-grants to assist with the purchase and/or upgrade of instruments, attend summer music camps and take private lessons. We also assist with the presentation of our concerts and festivals hosted at BH-BL, and are a unified voice in support of our music education program.
You can help encourage music education and activities by becoming a recognized member of Friends of Music. Simply print and fill out this membership form and return it along with your contribution to the address indicated. You will then be identified as a contributing member, and your membership will be noted in the concert programs.
We need your help!
The Friends of Music needs your participation so the music students can continue to receive the best possible music education. We are asking for your assistance with at least one or more of the following program areas that we provide for the students and the music program: Baking, Collecting at Concert Door, Concert Flower Sales, Festival Help, Fundraising, and Merchandise Sales. If you can help, please contact a member of our board.
What We Support
Among the many activities we supported recently were:
- Mini-grants to assist with the purchase of upgraded instruments and supplies, private lessons, and summer music camp tuition
- Financial support for the high school music department trip to national music festival
- Financial support for grade 8 spring music trip to NYC
- Presented awards to 5th and 8th grade band, orchestra and chorus students
- Awarded Friends of Music scholarships to two graduating music students
- Coordinated parent volunteers to assist taking admission and selling flowers for each concert
- Issued the yearly BH-BL Friends of Music newsletter and maintained the FOM Facebook page
Friends of Music Board
- President: Kristin McCabe, email@example.com
- Vice President: Kara Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Kate Countermine, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Joanne Lorenc, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter: Michelle Hernandez, email@example.com
- Facebook Page: Peter Giroux, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of Music Concert Clothing Closet
The closet is full of clean, quality concert clothing. If your student is in need of concert clothes, please call the Fine Arts Department at 518.399.9141, ext. 83182 or 83183 to arrange a time to see what is available.
Forms & Newsletter