If you have not already done so, please resubmit any transportation forms that were submitted prior to the Board of Education policy revisions.
You do not need to submit this form if your child is riding the bus to and from their home address, or is attending Fully Virtual School.
Forms should be submitted IF:
- Your child is being driven to school and picked up regularly by a parent/guardian (even if you indicated on the registration you will be driving your student(s) to and from school, please submit this form so that the office has information about who you authorize to transport your child)
- Your child will be riding a bus to/from a location other than the home address, such as a daycare location
- Your child attends Y-Care
Please complete one form per child, both sides must be filled out. Forms should be submitted to the main office of your child’s school.
Amended Bus Policy
For the 2020-2021 school year, due to revised procedures related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Board Policy 8412 will be as follows:
- The District will comply with the applicable provisions of Education Law (Section 3635) and Commissioner’s Regulations in transporting students between the student’s residence and school. Exceptions to this transportation requirement shall be limited by this policy in order for the District to provide the maximum safety in its student transportation program.
- Transportation will be provided to one location whether it’s the primary residence or daycare for eligible students K-8. Transportation will be provided to the primary residence for students 9-12. Transportation will not be provided outside the school of attendance zone for primary students unless it is to the primary residence or child care centers licensed pursuant to Section 390 of NYS Social Services Law where such child care location has filed, by August 1st of any given year, a copy of such license with the Supervisor of Transportation and has agreed to make an adult available to meet school buses picking up or discharging pupils at District designated bus stops.
- Day variant requests for transportation will be prohibited. It must be the same bus stop daily and week to week.
- Bus passes will not be authorized or allowed.
- There will be no bus runs for Academic Assistance Period