James L. Schultz Library Media Center Information
- Visit the library with the intention of doing research, studying, reading, doing homework, etc. Excessive or distracting socializing, cell phone use and eating are not appropriate activities while in the library.
- Be considerate of staff and students; keep the volume of voices and music down; return borrowed items where they belong; and make use of the garbage and recycle bins to clean up your work area when done.
In addition to the regular school day, students may use the library before and after school. Passes are not required at that time.
Monday & Friday – 7:40 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday – 7:40 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
Study Hall Access
Students must have a signed agenda pass from their study hall teacher to visit the library. Study Hall visits are limited to 40 minutes. There may be exceptions, so please speak to a library staff member if you need to stay longer.
- Books circulate for 3 weeks and can be renewed if there are no other pending requests. For special research projects, circulation can be extended, please speak to a staff member.
- E-book devices circulate for 2 weeks and can be renewed once. Students must first have a permission slip on file to borrow e-reader devices.
- Digital cameras can be borrowed for up to 24-hours.
- Overdue notices are regularly sent to Homerooms. Students should return overdue items upon receipt of the notice. Any extenuating circumstances should be brought to the attention of a staff member.
- Students with excessively overdue items may have library privileges – such as borrowing and study hall visits – restricted.
- After two months, books not returned will be presumed lost and a letter will be mailed home, indicating the replacement costs of the book. After payment is made, full library privileges will resume. If the lost book is located and returned within the same academic year, payment will be refunded.