School Mission Statement
The mission of the Charlton Heights Elementary School is that each child will achieve high levels of learning, personal growth and social responsibility. We will create and promote a school environment that allows students to meet or exceed district grade level standards as measured through annual assessments by the school community. We commit to an effective and responsive system of support that will maximize student potential.
Charlton Heights Vision and Values
Our climate will:
- Embrace a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Provide a supportive school atmosphere where everyone feels emotionally, physically and intellectually safe.
- Model enthusiasm towards life-long learning.
- Honor our traditions and shared values while constantly striving for growth and improvement.
In order to maintain our school climate, parents, staff, students and the community will:
- Respect and care for ourselves, others, the physical environment and school property through our words and actions.
- Promote a sense of belonging by celebrating our unique abilities and the diversity within our community.
- Provide opportunities for involvement in the educational process that will encourage students to take responsibility for their lives and the learning process.
- Act and communicate in a professional manner with integrity and honesty.
- Develop relationships characterized by caring and respect.
- Communicate in a variety of ways about student progress while encouraging a positive home and school connection.
- Collaborate, plan and problem solve with one another to create conditions that promote student success.
Our curriculum and instruction will:
- Follow a sequentially organized program that is integrated, developmentally appropriate, comprehensive, and meets all state and district standards.
- Provide students with a variety of opportunities for learning, including enrichment and remediation while addressing learning styles and interests.
- Use effective grouping to best meet student needs, including cooperative groups, small groups and whole group instruction.
- Reflect current research methods and best practices.
Our staff will foster personal growth and social responsibility through:
- Opportunities for instruction and education.
- A variety of approaches to meet the needs of all students.
- A commitment by staff to model positive character traits and values.
- Accountability for our actions.
- A sense of community involvement.
- A celebration of positive accomplishments.