Welcome to the Charlton Heights PTA!
The CHES PTA is a volunteer, non-profit organization made up of Charlton Heights Elementary School’s parents (that’s right – moms and dads), caregivers, faculty, and community members who want to make a difference in our children’s school experience.
All parents are welcomed and appreciated — and we want you to know that you have a voice. And you know what, we can never have enough volunteers. You are wanted, needed and the time you give is priceless!
What are some of our PTA Goals?
- To increase parent and family involvement: Parents get to meet other parents, meet their children’s friends, and make a positive contribution to their community when they volunteer. Children and parents take part in over 30 different PTA sponsored programs and activities throughout the school year.
- To provide academic and social enrichment opportunities to children: Our “Arts In Education” programs bring artists, authors, storytellers, musicians, and dance groups directly into our school throughout the year to every grade level.
- To build community through effective communication: We communicate PTA, School and District activities/events and information in a timely manner via our calendar, Facebook, our PTA Portal, and PTA website to help build community with our parents, students, CHES faculty, and neighbors.
How is the PTA Funded?
- While a small portion of money comes from membership dues, the majority of the funding for our programs and activities comes from our fundraisers. Without these critical fundraisers, like Walk For The Arts, the CHES PTA wouldn’t be able to sponsor the many programs that enrich our children’s lives.
- Dollars raised through PTA fundraisers go to support programs offered to students, with 75% of our PTA budget going to help fund the “Arts In Education” programs, like Motoko, SPAC residency, author visits, and many others.
CHES PTA Quick Links
- Current Year Executive Committee and Program Chairs
- Current Year PTA Activities: CHES & CHES PTA Calendar
- Membership: Join the CHES PTA!
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: CharltonHeightsPTA.org
- Facebook: Charlton Heights Elementary School PTA
- Portal: CharltonHeightsPTA.MembershipToolkit.com
- New York State PTA: NYSPTA.org
2019-20 Meeting Dates
We want you to know that you have a voice. Come join us for our monthly meeting, where we recap completed programs and share updates for upcoming programs. As always, our PTA officers are there along with our Principal and teacher representatives. We meet each month at 7 p.m. in the school’s library.
September 12 December 12 March 12 June 17
October 10 January 9 April 9
November 14 February 5 May 6
CHES PTA Portal – School Directory & More!
CHES PTA has partnered with Membership Toolkit to provide CHES parents/caregivers and faculty members access to an online directory.
At no extra cost to you, having a Membership Toolkit (MT) account offers CHES families many conveniences, whether they use a desktop or the Membership Toolkit app on their mobile phone (Apple Store or Google Play).
- Instant access to contact information for school families and faculty.
- Quick registration for PTA sponsored programs (After School Enrichment, etc.)
- Secure online store to purchase PTA Memberships, Coupon Books, Spirit
- Shop items, Event tickets, etc.
- Up-to-the-minute PTA volunteer sign-ups.
- Ability to create a “Favorites” list of families/students
- Review purchases history
Each year, the School Directory Chairs create a print directory, at no cost to our CHES families, using the current registered Membership Toolkit users data. So, it is very important for each CHES family to register with Membership Toolkit, then each August/September thereafter, confirm your family’s account data to ensure we have your current information (emails, address, etc.).
Only current CHES families (grades K-5) are eligible to register and access the CHES PTA Portal. When families register, they have the ability to “Unsubscribe” from being visible in either the online or print directories, while still having access to the store, volunteer sign-ups, etc. Additionally, when a student graduates 5th grade or leaves Charlton Heights Elementary School, their information is no longer accessible on MT (if the family still has other CHES students, their account will remain registered).
Create a new Membership Toolkit Account
If you don’t already have a Membership Toolkit account with CHES PTA, follow the steps below to create your Membership Toolkit account:
- Go to http://charltonheightspta.membershiptoolkit.com.
- Click on the Register/Login button.
- If you already have an account with another organization that uses Membership Toolkit you can use the same email and password to login. You can then proceed to the numbered steps below.
- Select “Create Account” and fill in the name, email, and password information.
- Click “verify my email” and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process.
- Complete the Parent/Family and Student Information.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences.
- Once these forms are complete, you will be presented with all current store items/volunteer signups available for your review.
Founder’s Day Awards
The Founder’s Day Dinner is a reception sponsored by the BH-BL School District PTA. This special event celebrates the hard work of volunteers in the district.
All five schools in the district are represented and each school honors some special staff members and/or community volunteers for their contribution to children and the school. Are you wondering who won it in the past? Check out past Founder’s Day winners at Charlton Heights and from the district.
Past PTA Presidents
The Charlton Heights PTA has been an active organization in the school for years. Without the leadership and dedication of our PTA presidents, the organization could not be as successful. Thank you to all of our presidents.