Applications are accepted and candidates will be contacted when there is a need for substitutes in a particular area. If you are interested in substitute positions at BH-BL, please submit an interest form. [Click here to view a detailed informational sheet about substitute requirements.]
- School Monitors & Security Monitors: We have substitute positions available for school monitors with a rate of $17.50/hr and security monitors (retired law enforcement) with a rate of $18.21/hr.
- Teachers & Teaching Assistants: Substitute teachers are also needed year-round in all fields, but particularly in music, foreign language, and physical education. If you hold a teaching certificate and are interested in substitute teaching at BH-BL, please submit an interest form. All applicants for substitute teaching must possess, at a minimum, a two year degree and be working toward a four-year college degree. Degrees or transcripts showing degree progression/completion must be provided. Teaching assistant substitutes must have at least a high school diploma. The certified substitutes daily rate is $140 (full day) and $70 (half day) and the uncertified substitutes* rate is $119 (full day) and $60 (half day). *Uncertified subs are eligible to work as a teacher sub for up to 90 days with a bachelor’s degree. The teaching assistants rate is $17.50/hour for both full and half days.
- Bus Drivers: Drivers are needed year-round. An extensive paid training program is available to enable qualified drivers to become substitute bus drivers at $23.17. A high school diploma and regular driving license are required. Substitute Bus Monitors are also needed. For more information, call the Transportation Department at 518-399-9141, ext. 83523.
- Cleaners: Substitutes are needed for cleaner positions with shifts beginning in the afternoon into the evening for $17.50/hr. Positions are available in all buildings, however the High School and Middle School have the greatest needs.
- Food Service Helpers: We have substitute positions available for lunch shifts at all five schools for $17.50 per hour.
- Nurses: Experience in assessing the school-age child and knowledge of the most common health concerns of this age group such as diabetes, asthma, epilepsy, and attention deficit disorder are most helpful in functioning in the school nurse role. Recent experience in first aid procedures is also helpful. Substitute nurse candidates must have a current New York State professional registered nurse’s license and current CPR certification and AED certification. The nurse rate is $26.31/hour.