Application Procedures for Use of District Facilities
The Facilities Coordinator coordinates and administers the use of the facilities for community and nonresident groups, as well as certain school groups.
Its primary purpose is to assign such groups based on their needs and to the extent their requests can be accommodated with the use of facilities by Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake’s academic and other programs.
The Facilities Coordinator approves the use of the gyms and assists in the overall coordination of the use of fields and other areas of the BH-BL School District buildings with the principal and Director of Physical Education and Athletics.
Each building’s principal approves use of school space other than gyms. Use of any school facilities requires an application form issued by the school district. Any form, however, is subject to alteration or cancellation should the facility be needed for district purposes or for any other reason consistent with law and policy AR 1500. Users must adhere to rules applicable to the space (i.e., gym or field) for which the application form is granted.
- All applications for the use of facilities must be made in writing two weeks prior to the proposed date of use and submitted to the Facilities Coordinator at BH-BL High School, Athletic Office, 88 Lakehill Road, Burnt Hills, NY 12027. Application for the facility use forms are also available in the Facility Coordinator’s Office.
- The applicant must clearly and completely describe the intended use of the district facility in the application.
- All applicants must review Board Policy AR 1500 Use of District Facilities prior to submitting the application. The authorized agent of the group or organization requesting use must sign all applications. The applicant’s signature on the form shall attest to the group or organization’s intent to comply with all Board policies and regulations and to use district facilities strictly in accordance with the use described in the application.
- Submission of the application constitutes agreement to assume responsibility for all damages to the district property, including but not limited to buildings and equipment which results from the organization’s use of facilities. Proof of Insurance in accordance with Board Policy AR 1500 must be provided at least 14 days before the date of the requested use.
- An agreement form to use facilities shall be issued upon approval of the application and shall be valid for the facility, use, dates and time specified in the form. No adjustment to the application is allowed except with the prior written approval of the Facility Coordinator or appropriate school principal. Applications shall not be transferable.
- The application to use facilities is a revocable application, which the district may alter or cancel in its sole discretion, should the facility be subsequently required for district purposes, or for any other reason consistent with law and this policy.
- With regard to scheduling activities, the district retains the right to give preference to Group 1 followed by Group 2 organizations (see Fee schedule). Space and time is not allotted on a first- come, first-served basis.
- Issuance of an application to use a facility shall not limit the right of access to the facility by district staff.