A number of parent-run programs offer training and competition for children in various sports. The following programs use BH-BL facilities and/or exist to help prepare BH-BL pupils for interscholastic competition. However, they are neither operated nor funded by the school district. For more information, please view the websites or contact person listed below.
- Burnt Hills Rowing Association
- Soccer Fifty FC
- BH-BL Girls Rec. Softball
- BH-BL Girls Youth Basketball
- BH-BL Jr. Baseball
- BH-BL Spartan Junior Boys Basketball
- BH-BL Jr. Spartan Lacrosse (K-8)
- BH-BL Pee Wee & Jr. Spartan Wrestling
- Field Hockey Youth Club
- Girls Jr. Digger Volleyball: Gary Bynon: (518) 884-2909
- Lakeside Volleyball Club
- Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading
- Schenectady Swim Club
- Spartan Tennis: Contact: Geoff Leggieri at email@example.com
- Spartan Youth Football Program
2020 UPDATE: Beginning the week of January 27 lap swim will now run on Tuesdays & Thursdays only. Residents who want to participate in lap swim MUST be registered. Please contact Community Swim Coordinator Stephanie Gellatly with any questions.
2021-22 Registration Schedule
- Nothing has yet been determined about whether this program will be offered during the 2021-22 school year. We will use social media and email to notify residents of updates.
Registration takes place from 7 to 8 p.m. in the BH-BL High School Pool Room/Gym Lobby. Save time at registration by filling out the registration form before going to the scheduled registration dates. Please complete a form for EACH swimmer.
Student Learn-to-Swim Classes
- Dates & Times: (Saturdays) Beginner, intermediate and advanced classes are now held at three different times: 9-10 a.m.; 10-11 am. or 11 a.m.-noon.
- Fees: $50 for residents; $60 for non-residents
- General Information: 8-week sessions; 55-minute classes. Grades K-6 children are grouped by ability within each time period. Plus new advanced-level classes for children up to age 15. See ability/age level description on registration form. Must pre-register for these classes.
- Dates & Times: Morning Lap Swim: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:30-7:30 a.m.
- Fall session:
- Winter session:
- Spring session:
- Fees: $2/day or $50/session
- General Information: Swimmers must pre-register for this activity, which is only offered to residents. There is no lap swimming when school is closed for holidays or vacations.
Age Group Competitive Swim Team
- Dates & Times: For boys and girls in grades 1 through 12. Tryouts and registration for new swimmers is typically held in September.
- General Information: www.schenectadyswimclub.org.
- Please make checks payable to Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Schools.
- The pool will be closed and no swim classes/activities will be held whenever school is closed due to a holiday or snow day.
- No refunds will be given after classes begin.
2021-22 UPDATE: The district is planning to offer a virtual Continuing Education Program this fall. Check the website, emails, and social media for updates.
At BH-BL, we are pleased to offer a variety of classes and programs for the adults in our community. Learning is a lifelong journey and we are happy to be a part of it with you.
The program is run at no cost to taxpayers, but it provides a multitude of valuable resources to district residents.
BH-BL’s Continuing Education program provides recreational, enrichment, vocational, and educational courses for people of all ages. We succeed when the community takes advantage of the services provided.
We urge you to take part in our program by suggesting ideas for future classes, volunteering to assist with the program, sharing your skills or hobbies by instructing a program, or enrolling in one or more of our classes.
- General Information
- Want to teach a course? We are always looking for new courses & teachers
We would like to hear from you for suggestions or ideas for new courses. If you are skilled in a craft, hobby, or special area and would like to share it with others, please complete this Google Form to share your ideas.
- Questions? Contact Continuing Education Coordinator Dacey Bonney at (518) 399-9141 ext. 85011