Youth Athletic Programs
A number of parent-run programs offer training and competition for children in various sports. The following programs use BH-BL facilities and/or exist to help prepare BH-BL pupils for interscholastic competition. However, they are neither operated nor funded by the school district. For more information, please view the websites or contact person listed below.
- Burnt Hills Rowing Association
- Soccer Fifty FC
- BH-BL Girls Rec. Softball
- BH-BL Girls Youth Basketball
- BH-BL Jr. Baseball
- BH-BL Spartan Junior Boys Basketball
- BH-BL Jr. Spartan Lacrosse (K-8)
- BH-BL Pee Wee & Jr. Spartan Wrestling
- Field Hockey Youth Club
- Girls Jr. Digger Volleyball: Gary Bynon: (518) 884-2909
- Lakeside Volleyball Club
- Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading
- Schenectady Swim Club
- Spartan Tennis: Contact: Geoff Leggieri at email@example.com
- Spartan Youth Football Program
Community Swim Program
A Community Swim Program is offered at the BH-BL High School pool during the fall, winter, and spring semesters. This includes opportunities for lap swimming in the early morning hours plus Learn-to-Swim classes for kids on Saturday mornings.
All classes are filled on a first come, first served basis. For class fees and registration information, a flyer is published each year and included in the Continuing Education Brochure.
Questions? Contact Community Swim Coordinator Stephanie Gellatly.
2018-19 Registration Schedule
- For fall session: Tuesday, Sept.11
- For winter session: Tuesday, Jan. 8
- For spring session: Tuesday, April 2
Registration takes place from 7 to 8 p.m. in the BH-BL High School Pool Room/Gym Lobby. Save time at registration by filling out the registration form before going to the scheduled registration dates. Please complete a form for EACH swimmer.
Student Learn-to-Swim Classes
- Dates & Times: (Saturdays) Beginner, intermediate and advanced classes are now held at three different times: 9-10 a.m.; 10-11 am. or 11 a.m.-noon.
- Winter: Jan. 12 to March 9 (No classes during winter recess)
- Spring: April 6 to June 8 (No classes during spring recess)
- Fees: $50 for residents; $60 for non-residents
- General Information: 8-week sessions; 55-minute classes. Grades K-6 children are grouped by ability within each time period. Plus new advanced-level classes for children up to age 15. See ability/age level description on registration form. Must pre-register for these classes.
- Dates & Times: Morning Lap Swim: Monday – Friday, 6:30-7:30 a.m.
- Fall session: Sept. 18 to Nov. 21
- Winter session: Nov. 27 to Feb. 10
- Spring session: March 3 to May 19
- Fees: $2/day or $50/session
- General Information: Swimmers may come to as many sessions as they like. There is no need to pre-register for this activity, which is only offered to residents. There is no lap swimming when school is closed for holidays or vacations.
Age Group Competitive Swim Team
- Dates & Times: For boys and girls in grades 1 through 12. Tryouts and registration for new swimmers is typically held in September.
- General Information: www.schenectadyswimclub.org.
- Please make checks payable to Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Schools.
- The pool will be closed and no swim classes/activities will be held whenever school is closed due to a holiday or snow day.
- No refunds will be given after classes begin.
Continuing Education Program
At BH-BL, we are pleased to offer a variety of classes and programs for the adults in our community. Learning is a lifelong journey and we are happy to be a part of it with you.
The program is run at no cost to taxpayers, but it provides a multitude of valuable resources to district residents.
BH-BL’s Continuing Education program provides recreational, enrichment, vocational, and educational courses for people of all ages. We succeed when the community takes advantage of the services provided.
We urge you to take part in our program by suggesting ideas for future classes, volunteering to assist with the program, sharing your skills or hobbies by instructing a program, or enrolling in one or more of our classes.
- General Information
- Continuing Education Brochure
- Want to teach a course? We are always looking for new courses & teachers
We would like to hear from you for suggestions or ideas for new courses. If you are skilled in a craft, hobby, or special area and would like to share it with others, please complete this Google Form to share your ideas.
- Questions? Contact Continuing Education Director Dacey Bonney at (518) 399-9141 ext. 85011