A number of parent-run programs offer training and competition for children in various sports. The following programs use BH-BL facilities and/or exist to help prepare BH-BL pupils for interscholastic competition. However, they are neither operated nor funded by the school district. For more information, please view the websites or contact person listed below.
- Burnt Hills Rowing Association
- Soccer Fifty FC
- BH-BL Girls Rec. Softball
- BH-BL Girls Youth Basketball
- BH-BL Jr. Baseball
- BH-BL Spartan Junior Boys Basketball
- BH-BL Jr. Spartan Lacrosse (K-8)
- BH-BL Pee Wee & Jr. Spartan Wrestling
- Field Hockey Youth Club
- Girls Jr. Digger Volleyball | Contact: Gary Bynon: (518) 884-2909
- Lakeside Volleyball Club
- Schenectady Swim Club
- Spartan Tennis | Contact: Geoff Leggieri at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spartan Youth Cheer
- Spartan Youth Football Program
Age Group Competitive Swim Team
- Dates & Times: For boys and girls in grades 1 through 12. Tryouts and registration for new swimmers is typically held in September.
- General Information: www.schenectadyswimclub.org.
- Please make checks payable to Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Schools.
- The pool will be closed and no swim classes/activities will be held whenever school is closed due to a holiday or snow day.
- No refunds will be given after classes begin.
- Winter 2023 Continuing Education Printed Brochure
- Continuing Education Coordinator Amy Cullen | CE Director Dacey Bonney | (518) 399-9141, Ext. 85012
- Online Registration Link (Opens Jan. 3, 2023) Create an account, info below.
Classes are open to anyone 16 years or older not attending regular high school classes. The number of students in each class is limited and students will be enrolled on a first-come first-served basis. Registrations must be received at least 5 days prior to the beginning of the class unless other arrangements are made with the Coordinator Amy Cullen.
Registering for BH-BL Continuing Education classes is easy! We are using FAMILY ID as our database for all registrations. Choose one of the options below to enroll.
- Visit www.familyid.com
- Go to Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Continuing Education
- Create an account or login to your existing account
- Enroll in classes in the current/upcoming session! (Direct link to BH-BL classes.)
- Send your payment via regular mail to the following address (include your name, cell number and course names): BH-BL Continuing Education Program, PO Box 1389, Ballston Lake, NY 12019
Register at In-Person Registration Night
In-person registration is Monday January 9, 2023 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the main lobby at BH-BL High School, 88 Lakehill Road.
If neither of these options work, please email Amy Cullen at email@example.com
Class locations are specified in each course description. The registration fee is listed with each course. This does not include supplies and textbooks that may be required and are paid directly to the instructor. Please note: You must register ahead of time for classes. Registration at the first class cannot be accepted.
Registration fees will automatically be returned if a class is canceled. Refunds will not be made for any multiple-week course after the first class. Notification of withdrawal for all other classes must be received at least 5 days prior to first meeting.
Classes begin on the days specified for each class. Classes DO NOT meet when day school is closed either as a holiday, vacation break or because of the weather. If classes are canceled late in the day, the information will be relayed to local TV and radio stations. If classes are canceled due to the weather, every effort to reschedule will be made. Classes may need to be moved to a different location, day and/or time or in some circumstances may not be able to be made up.
Any resident of the school district who is 60 years of age or older and holds a BH-BL Schools Senior Citizen pass is entitled to enroll in one class free of charge (as long as the class has sufficient enrollment.). Eligible courses are denoted with an asterisk (*).
- * First course free, subsequent courses 50% discount.
- Some classes offer a 10% discount to seniors, listed in the course description.
All other courses are not eligible for any discounts. Seniors must have a BH-BL Schools Senior Citizen Pass, which can be obtained at the BH-BL District Office, 88 Lakehill Road, Burnt Hills.
Cars must be parked in the parking lot. There is no parking permitted in the fire lanes in front of the building. The fire lanes are clearly marked as NO PARKING ZONES. Fire safety requires that these lanes be kept free of parked cars.
We are always looking for new courses & teachers
We would like to hear from you for suggestions or ideas for new courses. If you are skilled in a craft, hobby, or special area and would like to share it with others, please send an email to the Continuing Education Coordinator Amy Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course changes or cancellations due to weather will be announced via SNN (we encourage you to sign up for that service) and posted on the website. If a course has to be canceled due to lack of enrollment, the Continuing Education Coordinator will either email or call those who have already enrolled. Please be sure to include both your email and phone number when registering.