Despite classes being cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some renovations at school buildings are deemed essential work. Therefore, the district will move forward with the voter-approved construction at O’Rourke Middle School beginning Monday, April 6. Because the building is essentially empty, the contractors will now be working during the day time rather than the originally planned evening hours. To accommodate this change the following will occur:
- The building will be closed to all visitors from Monday, April 6 through Friday, April 17.
- Main Office staff will work remotely and will be accessible via email.
- Incoming calls will remain connected to the main line (518-399-9141) where callers may leave a voicemail message. Messages are being checked weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Administrators will also work remotely and and will be accessible via email.
- Students who are having Chromebook issues will still be connected to the district’s IT Department for troubleshooting. However, students may be asked to drop off or pick up devices at the high school, rather than the middle school.
We will continue to update you on the construction process and give you some procedural updates for pick up and drop off when we return to school.