If you’ve applied for a NYS Seal of Biliteracy (NYSSB), you’ll need to attend the informational meeting on Thursday, Nov. 17.
General information about the NYSSB can be found by following this link to our NYSSB webpage.
Mark your calendars with dates from the 2022-23 NYSSB timeline below.
2022-23 Timeline for Seal of Biliteracy
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022: Applications due via Google form.
- Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022: Mandatory information meeting for all applicants (AAP)
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2022: Deadline for submitting the School Notification Form to NYSED
- Friday, Dec. 16, 2022: Project outline due – typed, printed and submitted via Google Classroom
- January – February 2023: A minimum of two meetings must take place with mentors/mentees
- Friday, March 17, 2023: Completed projects submitted to Google Classroom
- Monday, March 20: Thursday, March 30, 2023 – Schedule meetings with mentors to practice presentations and Q & A.
- Friday, April 21, 2023: Juniors presenting English-only presentations
- Friday, March 31, 2023: Seal of Biliteracy Presentations in BoE room (all day), for Seniors (and possibly Juniors) presenting L1 and L2 OR only L2.
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023: Anticipated arrival of Seals for diplomas and medallions (Seniors only)