If you’ve applied for a NYS Seal of Biliteracy (NYSSB), you’ll need to attend the informational meeting on Thursday, Nov. 17.
Mark your calendars with dates from the 2022-23 NYSSB timeline below.
2022-23 Timeline for Seal of Biliteracy
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022: Applications due via Google form.
- Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022: Mandatory information meeting for all applicants (AAP)
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2022: Deadline for submitting the School Notification Form to NYSED
- Friday, Dec. 16, 2022: Project outline due – typed, printed and submitted via Google Classroom
- January – February 2023: A minimum of two meetings must take place with mentors/mentees
- Friday, March 17, 2023: Completed projects submitted to Google Classroom
- Monday, March 20: Thursday, March 30, 2023 – Schedule meetings with mentors to practice presentations and Q & A.
- Friday, April 21, 2023: Juniors presenting English-only presentations
- Friday, March 31, 2023: Seal of Biliteracy Presentations in BoE room (all day), for Seniors (and possibly Juniors) presenting L1 and L2 OR only L2.
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023: Anticipated arrival of Seals for diplomas and medallions (Seniors only)