On Thursday, June 8 at 6 p.m. via Google Meet, school administrators are hosting a community forum to discuss and seek input on the nearly complete spending plan associated with the influx of COVID relief funding. BH-BL is slated to receive a total of $4.68 million through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security (CARES) act, Coronavirus Response & Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) act, the Elementary & Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds , and the American Rescue Plan (ARP) act.
Breakdown of Funds
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security (CARES) Act: $249K (received in 2020)
- Elementary & Secondary School Emergency Relief Funds (ESSER) $4.4M
- American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act: $1.7M
- Coronavirus Response & Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act: $2.7M
School leaders have already met with each schools’ building council team and principals to seek input and feedback on the use of the additional funds. It’s important to note that the funds are required to be prioritized for non-recurring expenses in the following areas under ARP-ESSER:
- safely returning students to in-person instruction;
- maximizing in-person instruction time;
- operating schools and meeting the needs of students;
- purchasing educational technology;
- addressing the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on students, including the impacts of interrupted instruction and learning loss and the impacts on low-income students, children with disabilities, English language learners, and students experiencing homelessness;
- implementing evidence-based strategies to meet students’ social, emotional, mental health, and academic needs;
- offering evidence-based summer, afterschool, and other extended learning and enrichment programs; and
- supporting early childhood education.
The finalized COVID relief fund plan will be available on the district’s website after July 1, 2021.