Mission of the Performing and Visual Arts Hall of Fame
The mission of the BH-BL Performing and Visual Arts Hall of Fame is to recognize outstanding artists, musicians, and thespians who have made significant contributions to the BH-BL Fine Arts Program through their service, performance, dedication, commitment and accomplishments.
The purpose is to:
- Establish in our students a motivating influence to excel in Fine Arts as well as the community
- Foster Pride, promote talent, scholarship and citizenship in our school and community
- Promote the pride and tradition of BH-BL Art, Music, and Theatre
Candidates for membership in the BH-BL Performing and Visual Arts Hall of Fame shall be alumni (former BH-BL artists, musicians, and thespians) who are nominated. The Hall of Fame nomination form may be downloaded but it is also available in the Fine Arts Office at the high school.
Criteria for selection may include:
- Graduated from BH-BL 10 or more years ago
- Had artwork accepted into and displayed at local, regional, and/or national exhibitions
- Was accepted into NYSSMA Conference All-State
- Participated in Area All-State, Suburban Council, and All-County music festivals
- Was a lead in numerous BH-BL Drama and/or Musical productions
- Has pursued a college degree in the Performing or Visual Arts
- Has pursued a career in the Performing or Visual Arts