Make sure you health requirements are up to date for next school year
- Incoming 6th graders: Welcome! The TDaP vaccine is due at the start of the school year or within 2 weeks of your child’s 11th birthday. Please take a moment to check with your child’s pediatrician that your child has received their vaccine or schedule an upcoming appointment. A follow up email will be sent shortly with more information for students who are missing documentation of this vaccine.
- Incoming 7th graders: Students entering the 7th grade are required to have the meningococcal vaccine. NYS also requires 7th grade students to have a recent physical (dated after September 1, 2021) on file at the middle school health office. Please take a moment to contact your child’s pediatrician and check that they are up to date, or to make an appointment. A follow up letter will be sent in July for students who are missing this vaccine.
- Medications: If your child will need any medications administered by a nurse during the school day next year, prescription OR over the counter, this form will need to be completed and returned to the health office. Medications will need to be dropped off by an ADULT unless the order specifically states that the student may self carry. Medications can be dropped off during any school day or by appointment prior to the start of school.
- Allergies: If your child has a food or bee sting allergy, forms for food allergy and bee sting care plans must be submitted to the middle school health office. New forms are needed for each school year, so please take a moment to review them. It is highly recommended that students with allergies are allowed to self carry their emergency medications. A second set of medication can be stored at the middle school health office if you like. These forms can also be found at https://www.bhbl.org/departments-and-services/health-safety/
- Sports: Fall sports registration information will be sent over the summer by the Athletics Department. If you believe your child would like to participate in fall sports, please take a moment to check that your child has received a physical since August 1, 2021 and that a copy has been sent to the health office.
Summer hours are limited! Calls and emails will be returned by the end of summer break. Faxes can still be received. The school fax is 518-384-2588.